Why refer to us
- Hospice is all we do so we do it well
- We are a stand-alone, not affiliated with any other organizations or agency.
- 24/7 Staffing so you know your patients recieve care when they need it
- Anytime admitting-any place, any time, including weekends and after-hours.
- Physician – billing assistance to ensure that you can still bill for visits to your patients on our services. You can continue to follow your patients or refer them to our Medical Director.
- In-service training and continuing education for you and your staff at your convenience.
How to identify hospice appropriate patients?
- Terminal diagnosis with probable prognosis of 6 months or less – Cancer – End Stage Renal Disease -End Stage Debility/Failure to Thrive – End Stage Neurological Disease ( Parkinson’s, Alzheimer’s, Dementia, CVA) – End Stage Cardiac Disease – End Stage Pulmonary Disease
- Weight loss of 10% or more in past 6 months
- Patient wishes to discontinue aggressive treatment
- Patient has had 2 or more Emergency room visits in the past 6 months
What is required from me to make a referral?
- Physician order to admit to Hospice
- History and physical
- Signed certification of terminal illness which states a probable prognosis of 6 months or less if disease follows its natural course
Benefits of Guardian Angel Hospice
- Keeps Patients out of the hospital and emergent care
- Offers the highest level of Hospice care, enhancing your reputation
- Offers outcome-based care
- Serves as the eyes and ears of the physician to better monitor each patient’s condition.